Chittorgarh Day Tour from Udaipur
On this day trip from Udaipur to Chittorgarh, visit some of the most fascinating historical sites in Rajasthan which was once the capital of the Mewar kingdom for more than 800 years.
- Discover the massive structure that is Chittorgarh Fort.
- See the beautiful architecture of Vijay Stambha (Victory Tower) & Kirti Stambha (Tower of Fame).
- A private vehicle with driver, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
Chittorgarh Fort, also known as Chittorgarh or Chittor Fort, is one of the largest forts in India. Chittorgarh Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is located in the present-day town of Chittorgarh, which was the capital of Mewar. The fort is home to some majestic palaces, gates, temples, and two commemorative towers. It is said to have been built by a local Maurya ruler Chitrangada Maurya. The fort which is roughly in the shape of a fish has a circumference of 13 km (8.1 miles) with a maximum length of 5 km (3.1 miles) and it covers an area of 700 acres.
- The tour begins with a pickup from your hotel or residence in Udaipur city limits.
- From Udaipur, you will be driven to Chittorgarh, which is about 2.5 - 3 hours away.
- While on your way, you may stop for tea/coffee or lunch at a restaurant of your choice.
- Upon arrival, you'll visit the ruins of Rana Kumbha's Palace at Chittorgarh Fort.
- After that, you will see the Vijay Stambha (Victory Tower), built by Rana Kumbha to celebrate his victory over Mahmud Khilji.
- In addition, you will visit the Kirti Stambha (Tower of Fame), dedicated to Adinath, the first Jain Tirthankara.
- Finally, you will visit the Palace of Queen Padmini.
- On completion of the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel/residence in Udaipur.