Kumbhalgarh Fort Day Tour from Udaipur
Explore the Kumbhalgarh Fort, an iconic fortress of Mewar. Experience the mesmerizing view of the fort from the top. A day trip from Udaipur is the best way to see the beautiful Kumbhalgarh fort.
Kumbhalgarh Fort Day Tour Highlights
- A visit to the Great Wall of Kumbhalgarh.
- Explore Kumbhalgarh Fort, a UNESCO world heritage site, on a day trip from Udaipur
- Enjoy a view of the Aravalli Mountains and valley from the ramparts of Kumbhalgarh Fort.
- Discover the magnificence of structures such as the Hanuman Pol, Kumbha Palace, Badal Mahal and more in the fort complex.
- Travel in a comfortable private vehicle with an experienced chauffeur.
Kumbhalgarh is famous for its great wall, the second-largest in the world, after the Great Wall of China. Kumbhalgarh is about 100 km from Udaipur at an altitude of 1180 meters above sea level and nestled in the Aravali range of mountains. The fort offers a panoramic view of the Aravalli Mountains from its top.
Built in the 15th century on a hilltop 1100 meters high by Maharana Rana Kumbha, Kumbhalgarh Fort is said to be the birthplace of legendary warrior Maharana Pratap. The mighty fort of Kumbhalgarh is surrounded by a 38 kilometer-long wall which is only second in length to the Great Wall of China. It was built over years, perhaps decades, of construction work.
Kumbhalgarh Fort is one of the few hill forts in Rajasthan to be designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Kumbhalgarh fort complex is huge and actually is the second largest fort in India after Chittorgarh. The fort has many Jain and Hindu temples that date back to olden times. The fort can be accessed through three gates called Hanuman Pol, Ram Pol, and Arait Pol. There are several sites within the fort, including the Badal Mahal, Kumbha Palace, Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple, beautiful Vedi Temple, Jhalia ka Malia Mansion and Ganesha Temple.
The Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary surrounding the fort is another tourist attraction. A horseback safari is offered here by the park authorities. Many tourists combine the famous Ranakpur Jain Temples with the Kumbhalgarh day tour from Udaipur.
- Your trip begins with a morning pick up from your hotel/residence within the city limits of Udaipur.
- We drive towards Kumbhalgarh, which is about 85 kilometers from Udaipur.
- During the drive we may stop for lunch or refreshments at a restaurant.
- Explore the majestic Kumbhalgarh fort at your own pace and enjoy the wonderful views. Visit the large fort complex at your own pace.
- Upon completion of your trip you will be driven back to Udaipur and be dropped off at your hotel/residence.